Patrick and Lauren’s New Journey Farms wedding will go down in history as one of my all-time favorites.
Lauren and I go way back. She is one of my best friends from college! Shooting her wedding was SO much fun because all of our college besties got to reunite. We have prayed for the right man to come to Lauren at the right time and cherish her like she deserves. So Patrick is more than an answered prayer. He is incredible, and they are the perfect match.
Part of the fun for this weekend was also flying up to Indiana. It’s always fun to shoot in new places! New Journey Farms is a relatively new venue in Lafayette and really was so beautiful. The bride and groom suites were so big and perfect for wedding parties getting ready. I would definitely recommend this for any Indiana bride.
But I love a good farm wedding anyway. Being in the South, we have plenty of farm venues to spare! You can see one of my favorites from a Dalrymple Farms wedding here!
Some of my favorite parts of their day:
- I was able to attend the rehearsal dinner and heard all the speeches, which were wonderful. This night together set such a celebratory tone for the weekend.
- Patrick and Lauren’s first look was just the sweetest! She came up behind him and they prayed together before he turned around to see her. It was a very sweet moment of them surrendering their marriage to God.
- The reception was very Lauren, down to the napkins being tied into bows over the plates. The attention to detail was *chefs kiss*.
- I’ve never shot a friend’s wedding like this before, and being the one to walk through that day with them was so fun and felt like such a treat.
- There were SO many people there to celebrate them! I really only know Lauren, so to see how loved Patrick is and then how many people love them as a couple was very special.
Patrick and Lauren, your day was nostalgic for me in the best way and full of so much love and life. I am blessed to have played this role on your day, connecting with you, and seeing all the love that surrounds you as you start your marriage. Congrats!
Lead Photographer: Ellen Talbot | Wedding Coordinator: Hollyn Culley | Ceremony and Reception Venue: New Journey Farms | Videographer: Real Media and Productions | Bride’s Dress: Nancy’s Bridal Boutique | Caterer: Above All Catering | Florist: Wright Flower Shop | Bride and Groom’s Cakes: Maxine’s on Green | DJ/Band: Jerry Strok | Hair Stylist: Erin Yoder | Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Nancy’s Bridal Boutique | Menswear: Men’s Wearhouse | Decorations/Design: Sarah Wilson