Gus and Emily’s Heron Lakes Country Club wedding was truly an extraordinary day!
One thing I loved about this day was that the couple had an intimate wedding day surrounded by their closest family and friends. They were just so ready to be married, and I admire that about them.
This gorgeous day took me right back to their engagement session in downtown Mobile, which you can see here!
The couple had a great day, and I had a great time celebrating with them. The bridal party got ready at Heron Lakes, and we even beat a little rain while doing so. Fun fact: one of Emily’s bridesmaids was Kristen Marcus, another photographer in the Mobile area. It was fun getting to know her and having another set of photographer eyes on this precious day!
My favorite parts of their day:
- Their guest book was a coffee table book about Charleston where they went on their honeymoon! I loved the idea of their guest book being something they will see often as they start their life together.
- Emily’s first look with her dad was so sweet and heartfelt. This is the second time this year I’ve seen him give a daughter away on her wedding day, and he loves them so much.
- Gus and Emily got married at her home church, and the wedding was officiated by her cousin.
- Emily’s dress was so unique and absolutely perfect for her. The detailing and the way it fit her–out of this world. She had a jeweled floral belt and crown that made it all come together like a dream.
- Gus and Emily chose to do a private “last dance” as the guests lined up for their big exit. After a long day with so many big things happening, this was an incredibly sweet few minutes for them.
Congrats, Gus and Emily! This was the picture perfect day for you both, one of my favorite couples I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Lead Photographer: Ellen Talbot | Reception Venue: Heron Lakes Country Club | Ceremony Venue: Mobile First Church of the Nazarene | Coordinator: Twyla Phillips-Johnson | Videographer: 3130 Media | Bride’s Dress: Bustle | Caterer: Heron Lakes Country Club | Bride’s Cake: Made by Mattison | Makeup/Hair Artist: Kayla Desalvo | Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Azazie | Menswear: Men’s Wearhouse